Termamyl® is a high-quality thermostable endo-acting alpha amylase that hydrolyzes (1,4)-alpha-D-glucosidic linkages in starch polysaccharides
- Faster and more consistent liquefaction
- Lower mash viscosity, resulting in easier wort production
- No risk of resistant or retrograded starch formations, or insufficient saccharification
- Reduced processing costs through more efficient liquefaction, increased yield of up to 1%
- Improved flexibility of use of various cereal grain adjuncts
- Reduced energy consumption due to lower temperatures when handling decoction mashes
0.15–0.25 kg/ton of adjunct
kg/ton = g/kg
Typical density of enzyme is 1.15 g/ml
Using the above, the 0.15 – 0.25 kg/t recommended dosage becomes 0.13 – 0.22 ml/kg grist
Termamyl® SC DS – Alpha Amylase can be deactivated during a typical wort boil.
Oat starch liquefaction
Viscosity of oat-based beverages
Working pH range
Working temperature range (°C)
Production organism: Bacillus licheniformis
The enzyme product is manufactured by fermentation of microorganisms that are not present in the final product. The production organisms and the enzyme effectiveness are improved by means of modern biotechnology.
Recommended storage: 0-25 °C (32-77 °F)
Packaging must be kept intact, dry, and away from sunlight. Please follow the recommendations and use the product before the best-before date to avoid the need for a higher dosage.
Best before: You will find the best-before date in the certificate of analysis or on the product label.
The product gives optimal performance when stored as recommended and used prior to the best-before date.
The product can be transported at ambient temperature. Following delivery, the product should be stored as recommended.
SAFETY AND HANDLING PRECAUTIONS
Enzymes are proteins. Inhalation of dust or aerosols may induce sensitization and may cause allergic reactions in sensitized individuals. Some enzymes may irritate the skin, eyes, and mucous membranes upon prolonged contact. See the Safety data sheet for further information regarding safe handling of the product and spills.