Belle Saison is a Belgian-style ale yeast selected specifically for its ability to create Saison-style beers. Belle Saison is a diastaticus strain that allows the brewers to achieve the high attenuation characteristic of this classic style. Designed for warm-temperature fermentation true to traditional “Farmhouse” production methods, beers brewed with Belle Saison are fruity, spicy and refreshing.
In Lallemand’s Standard Conditions Wort at 20°C (68°F) Belle Saison yeast exhibits:
- Vigorous fermentation that can be completed in 4 days.
- High Attenuation and Low Flocculation.
- Aroma and flavor is typical of Saisons with citrus and pepper notes.
- The optimal temperature range for Belle Saison yeast when producing traditional styles is 15°C(59°F) to 35°C(95°F).
- Saccharomyces cerevisiae var. diastaticus strains are capable of utilizing some types of dextrins. Extra care should be taken to ensure proper cleaning procedures are in place to avoid any cross-contamination with other brews.
Lag phase, total fermentation time, attenuation and flavor are dependent on pitch rate, yeast handling, fermentation temperature and nutritional quality of the wort
Data Sheet: Belle Saison Belgian Saison-Style Yeast