Lallemand New England American East Coast Ale 11g
LalBrewTM New England is an ale strain selected specifically for its ability to produce a unique fruit-forward ester profile desired in East Coast styles of beer. A typical fermentation with LalBrewTM New England will produce tropical and fruity esters, notably stone fruits like peach. Through expression of a β-glucosidase enzyme, LalBrewTM New England can promote hop biotransformation and accentuate hop flavor and aroma. LalBrewTM New England exhibits medium to high attenuation with medium flocculation, making it a perfect choice for East Coast style ales.
In Lallemand’s Standard Conditions Wort at 20°C (68°F) New England yeast exhibits:
- Fermentation that can be completed in 7 days, a bit slower than most ale strains. This is perfectly characteristic of this strain.
- Medium to High Attenuation and Medium Flocculation
- Fruity aroma, notably tropical and stone fruit
- The optimal temperature range for New England yeast when producing traditional styles is 15°C (59°F)* to 22°C (72°F)
- Lag phase can be longer compared to other ale strains, ranging from 18-36 hours
Lag phase, total fermentation time, attenuation and flavor are dependent on pitch rate, yeast handling, fermentation temperature and nutritional quality of the wort
Data Sheet: NEW ENGLAND American East Coast Ale Yeast