Lallemand VP41 Malolactic Culture 2.5g
We order this product in as required. Please allow a lead time of approx 4-5 days.
VP41™ was isolated in a hot region of Italy region during a European Craft malolactic bacteria selection project for wine bacteria with unique performance and wine making properties. VP41™ stood out as a highly tolerant strain, which can perform under the most difficult wine making conditions such as very high alcohol as well as low pH. It is one of the ML strains very tolerant to SO2. In addition to it's excellent wine tolerance, VP41™ is recognised for it's sensory contribution to red berry fruit aroma, it's late and slow degradation of citric acid and very low production of diacetyl.
MICROBIAL AND OENOLOGICAL PROPERTIES
- pH tolerance > 3.1
- Alcohol tolerance: up to 16 % vol.
- SO2 tolerance: up to 60 mg/L total SO2
- T° tolerance > 16°C
- Low nutrition demand
- Good implantation
- MLF Kinetic: Fast
- Low volatile acidity production
- Bacteria cinnamyl esterase negative: cannot produce precursors for ethylphenol production by Brettanomyces
- No production of biogenic amines
- Co-inoculation recommended
2.5gm sachet is sufficient for up to 500 litres of wine.
Data Sheet: LALVIN VP41